Thursday, March 5, 2009

City of Chicago Violence





Why do teens kill each other? Why do we fight?

In the year of 2007-2008 there were 1400 kids that were killed by family members or in a
crossfire, the violence starts from the family and then leading into the children. I feel that when the family have problems they souldn't take care of it in front of the children because, children always takes up bad habits from their parents. I also feel that parents shouldn't let their children watch violent tv shows because children can pick up bad habits from that also.

Why do teens fight?


Teens fight for money, power and respect. Teens fight for money because etheir they don't have it at home or their parents don't have the money to give. Teens fight and kill for power and respect because they want their name to be known in the streets, so they stand on the corner and sell drugs to get known. So when a person from another block come on their side they ethier kill them or jump on them. I don't feel that it is right for kids to be around all of that violence that is going on in their family.


Why do teens kill eachother?

Teens kill each other through pressure. When I say that I say it because there's always a family member who pushes their little cousin, brother, or sister to do their dirty work. I don't feel that it is right to have your love ones to go to jail or get hurt over your stupidity. I know what it feel likes to lose a love over something dumb, well I didn't lose him he's just in jail. My cousin was forced to sell drugs for another man who can be his father. Now my cousin is in jail and he also has a one year-old daugther with no father.

4 comments:

  1. i like how your pictures match what you are talking about in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really alot of teens murdering or being punished because one of their family memebers or freind has persuade them to do their dirty work for them,but in these days now teens doing it because they feel like its cool.Good subject patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am moved by your powerful personal connection here and your frankness in talking about your cousin's jail sentence. You definitely raise some powerful points here that should make the reader stop and think. I like your links to the relevant news stories. I look forward to more--I really hope you go further with this and include the work that Cease Fire is doing to try to stop the violence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thin teens look for a familial connection. If ther isn't one at home the will look to the streets. Parenting is so much more than just being married and provididng it's life long lessons, time, consumming, listening.

    This is why mentoring services are so desperately needed to fill in the gap. It's never to late to turn a youths life around..

    It does take a village....

    ReplyDelete